C. Cookies and third-party technologies
- authenticating users
- remembering user preferences and settings
- determining the popularity of content
- delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
The Pet App may share pet data:
1. With other pet profiles within the app
This includes sharing:
- Pets’ first name, age, breed, birthday and rating,
- Pets’ first name with other pet profiles in the dog park.
- order recipients’ first name, delivery address, and order information with the restaurant or merchant and, for order deliveries, with the delivery person. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the restaurant or merchant and, for order deliveries, the delivery person.
- for services and delivery persons, we may share data with the pet(s), order recipient(s) and restaurants or merchants, including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; period of time since they signed up to be a driver or delivery person; contact information (if permitted by applicable laws); and services or delivery person profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users.
We also provide riders and order recipients with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver or delivery person first name, photo, and route map. We also include other information on those receipts if required by law.
2. At the pets request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other pets at the pets request. For example, we share a pets ETA and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a pets location within the adventure world.
- The Pet App business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, The Pet App may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps, or websites that integrate with our APIs; Food and shelter suppliers or services; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or restaurants, merchants or other Pet App business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
- Emergency services: We offer features that enable users to share their data with police, fire, and ambulance services in the event of an emergency or after certain incidents. For more information, please see the sections below titled “Choice and Transparency” and “Emergency Data Sharing”.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as The Pet App blogs and The Pet App social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the Pet App account owner
If a pet requests data from one of the service providers we may share their profile information with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
- a pet owner takes obedience classes online.
- A new pet receives all of his/her vaccines
- Trip length requests
5 . With The Pet App service providers and business partners
The Pet App provides personal data to vendors. These include:
- payment processors and facilitators
- background check and identity verification providers
- cloud storage providers
- social media companies, including Facebook and Instagram, in connection with The Pet App’s use of their tools in The Pet Apps and websites (see Facebook’s privacy policies for information on their collection and use of data)
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services, advertising networks, third-party data providers, and other service providers to reach or better understand our users and measure advertising effectiveness
- research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with The Pet App or on The Pet Apps behalf
- vendors that assist The Pet App to enhance the safety and security of The Pet APp apps and services
- consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- insurance and financing partners
- Veterinarians, Insurers, brokers, restaurants, pet stores stores, brew houses, cafes and other merchants from whom order recipients place orders, as well as partners and/or their point of sale providers, including for order fulfillment, delivery, communications and marketing purposes
6. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
The Pet App may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
7. With consent
The Pet App may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
The Pet App retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. The Pet App may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
The Pet APp retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
IV. Choice and transparency
The Pet App enables users to access and/or control data that The Pet App collects, including through:
- privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- Location On/off Toggle switch
A. Privacy settings
The Settings > Privacy menu in the Uber app allows riders and order recipients to set or update their preferences regarding location data collection and sharing, emergency data sharing, and notifications.
- Location data collection (pets and order recipients)
Pets and order recipients can enable/disable The Pet App to collect location data from their mobile devices through their device settings, which can be accessed via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu.
- Share Live Location (Pets)
Pets can enable/disable Uber to share their real-time location data from their mobile devices with their drivers through their device settings, which can be accessed via the Settings > Privacy > Location menu.
- Notifications: account and delivery updates
The Pet App provides pets with worldmap status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the The Pet App and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications through the Settings > Privacy menu.
- Notifications: discounts and news
Pets may enable The Pet App to send push notifications about discounts and products related to their persona. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings > Privacy menus in the The Pet App.
- Communications from Service Providers and merchants
Pets may opt-in to receive communications from certain product and service providers while placing an order in the Pet App. Those who opt-in may choose to cease receiving such communications through the Settings > Account > Data Sharing products in the PetApp.
B. In-app Friendliness ratings pages
After every encounter, pets profiles and other pets or service providers are able to rate each other on a Friendliness scale scale from 1 to 10. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, pet ratings are available to other pets and service providers from whom they request products and services, and pet ratings are available to their delivery drivers.
This 2-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a Happy, respectful, safe environment for drivers and riders.
Pets can see their average rating in their “Friendliness” attribute on their profile page.
- Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the The Pet App or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.